Job Title: Media Coordinator
Reports To: Pastor Mike Somers-Executive Pastor/Media Director
Job Status: Part time, 30 hours per week
The Media Coordinator is primarily responsible is to help the media director overseeing all aspects of media and communication for the church including web, publications, signs, media, social media, and video. They are also responsible to help build our media team, which will develop creative elements to support a variety of ministries.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles coordination and production of regular publications (including, but not limited to worship service bulletins, bulletin inserts, e-newsletters, visitor and ministry brochures, and posters, etc.) in a timely, accurate, and presentable manner consistent with Crossroads’ vision, ethos, and branding.
- Handles coordination and production of media setup for Sunday services. This involves use of ProPresenter 5, PowerPoint, and other software.
- Is responsible to help with the development and deployment of Crossroads’ website and the related collateral sites and for coordination of efforts to keep information accurate, up-to-date, and consistent with Crossroads’ vision, ethos, and branding. Experience with WordPress is a plus but not required.
- Performs development and deployment of the various forms of electronic communication (mass email, social networking, etc.).
- Acts as a gateway and quality control check on all church communication products, including those produced within individual ministries of the church.
- Acts in a consulting role in the production of communication products produced by individual ministries of the church.
- Negotiates and coordinates the print production process with outside vendors as needed.
- Acts as a conduit for information to be shared with congregation and church staff.
- Coordinates efforts to advertise church activities, functions, services, and general information to the local community.
- Helps with the project manager of all communication activities, ensuring that they are completed in a timely, accurate, and presentable manner consistent with Crossroads’ vision, ethos, and branding.
- Coordinates other special projects and performs other duties as directed by the Marketing Director, Executive Pastor, and Sr. Pastor.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of: Chrome, I.E, Safari, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Publisher, Gmail, Photoshop, and illustrator. Must be familiar with both PC and Apple computers.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and loves to work in a team environment. Graphic expertise is secondary but important.
- An active attender of Crossroads Church.
- Models Christian character at work, home, and social life.
Work Week requirements
- Tuesday-Friday and Sundays on occasion
- Some hours are flexible and can be worked out with the Media Director